- Healing from a torn ligament in my knee.
- Got my flu shot, two days later became seriously ill for two weeks and my son got a form of strep.
- Had an order come back to me in the mail destroyed, and it missed the person's special occasion.
- I was finally okay and made up a whole bunch of orders.
- I become seriously ill again and so does my son, no work, no school.
- I find out a friend has cancer, the same day I find out another friend's mother has terminal cancer.
- Halloween: sick but I go out anyway because I don't want the boy to miss out.
- My depression medicine stops working - which was super handy.
- I find out another friend's leukemia relapsed and is given a 30% chance of survival.
- Guess what... I'm sick again! My son gets two ear infections and conjuncitivitis in both eyes.
- On the way home from urgent care for my son, my husband (four cars in front of us) gets into a head-on collision with another car that crossed the center line.
My husband will eventually heal and luckily we were not in the car with him. We did not see the accident happen, but came upon the scene less than a minute after it occurred. Ten minutes before, my husband had asked my son if he wanted to ride with mommy or daddy... He picked me.
|home away from home|
There is a bone marrow donation registration and fundraiser for my friend Amiee coming up. We met when we both joined the New Hampshire Roller Derby League in July. She is a strong, beautiful, fun, and amazing person. If you are in the NH area, please consider going. There is a fund being set up for her little son (she's a 29yr old single mom), and a toy drive for her son with the excess going to charity, as well as a bake sale. You can also possibly save someone's life by joining the bone marrow registry through the mail. Visit the National Marrow Donor Program's website for more information.
Half Pint O'Rage of NHRD, is currently undergoing treatment for the return of her AML (Leukemia). She is 29 years and relapsed after obtaining remission in January of this year. She has been told that her prognosis is between 20-30%. She has a 6 year old son, Ayden and started her treatment today (Novemer 10). Her treatment entails 4 weeks of inpatient chemotherapy followed (hopefully) by a bone marrow transplant. If the transplant is not available they will attempt a stem cell transplant and a second round of chemotherapy. Her chances are increased with a bone marrow transplant.
How can you help? NHRD was invited to a donor drive help by her High School friends - we are inviting you to help in the fight!