Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Shrinky Dinks!

I bought some white shrink film this week, in hopes to have some cool new necklaces for the craft fair...I'm not sure that's going to happen for tomorrow, since I'm running out of time, but definetly for the next one! (I always seem to start new projects at the last minute... that's when I get my best ideas! I guess you have to take the inspiration when it comes haha) Anyway, I've never worked with the white kind of shrink plastic before... I'm not sure how I like it, but I made a necklace for myself that I LOVE! :)

Here's a mini-step-by-step:

draw out the designs with a sharpie...


cut them out and make sure to remember to PUNCH THE HOLES!


preheat the oven to around 300 degrees... put the designs on a cut up paper bag...

Here is where I made a mistake and actually had to scrap this batch (which is unfortunate because I loved the designs)... I should have put another piece of paper bag on top of the cut-outs so they didn't curl so much and stick together (D'oh!!) The photo is cool though lol


take two: I tried again and the paper bag on top worked! (yahoo!)


I added some jump rings and a chain, and voila! CUTENESS :)

the end.

No comments: