Friday, July 8, 2011

Snail Mail

I'm a broken record when it comes to talking about the art of writing letters and sending cards. It's dying folks, but you can save it!! I GUARANTEE you, a friend opening their mailbox to a handwritten card is better than a Facebook "happy birthday" message.... I'm teaching my son to write thank you notes, and send written correspondence. He's five and knows not only about addressing envelopes and where the stamp goes, but that is a nice gesture to send a card to a friend! Today, he made a thank you "card" - as his cards end up being full page drawings with the sentiments written among the pictures. He also made a few notes and drawings to send to his little friend from school, who he has not seen in a while.


I had him tell me different things he wanted to say, and I wrote them out clearly on a sheet of paper. He chose which sentences to copy onto his cards, and they came out awesome! I could tell he was proud of himself, and he is SO excited to mail his creations out.


Take ten minutes and do this with your kids! They will learn invaluable lessons about gratitude, friendship, and the importance of handmade! Pass it on!!



No comments: